Verification Testing and Audits
Whether your cleanroom or laboratory space has been recently built or is older, whether it has been maintained or neglected,
How do you know it is functioning properly? And more importantly, functioning properly for its intended use?
Many facilities change processes, update facilities, and/or combine processes without verifying the room conditions and equipment function for their new needs.
Danforth can help. Contact us to:
- Review project design drawings, specifications, and sequence of operations.
- Conduct a site inspection with owner representatives and cleanroom/laboratory personnel to observe operations, discuss protocols, safety practices, schedules, and define the environment(s).
- Review written cleanroom/laboratory processes and procedures, including training documentation.
- Perform mechanical system inspection of make-up air unit, controls components, filters, and ductwork air distribution systems.
- Measure and record supply, return, and exhaust volumes and compare to design conditions.
- Measure and document space pressurization in relationship to adjacent room(s). Perform room calculations to determine air changes per hour in each room. Compare values to design conditions.
- Inspect and evaluate all equipment within the spaces (fume hoods, biological safety cabinets, etc.)
- For Cleanrooms, perform HEPA filter leak and aerosol challenge testing of room HEPA filters to verify for leaks and that HEPA filters are operating to design conditions.
- For Cleanrooms, perform non-viable particle count testing in each room and compare to design parameters & ISO Cleanliness Classification.
- Measure and document average air temperature and relative humidity in each room/area.
- Review measured results and all relevant documentation and provide comprehensive report detailing conclusions and deficiencies within the spaces; compare to customer intended design conditions. Provide recommendations, if required, on how intended design conditions can be met.